Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 10B, 11B and 12B.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 1587 Hertfordshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, David’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Margaret A CAIRNS.
David was possibly born 2 November 1874 in Calton, Glasgow.
On the various Census, he is proving elusive.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)