Bly, H J B
HAROLD JOHN BARBER BLY
Remembered with honour Brentwood (London Road) Cemetery: Row C, Grave 133.
He enlisted 16 October 1918: a scholar aged 18, 5’8½” tall, C of E; next-of-kin his father of Watford. He was a Cadet in the Artists’ Rifles O.T.C., and died of pneumonia following influenza at the Military Hospital, Warley. He appears to have no medals, nor an entry in Soldiers Died in the Great War.
Son of Edward Abel and Annie (nee FORSTER) BLY of Ardrishaig, Argyll.
His parents married 2 December 1899 at Christ Church, Macclesfield, Ches. They probably died in Scotland.
Harold was born 2 September 1900 in Wealdstone, Middx, and baptised 1 April 1902 at Christ Church, Macclesfield. He attended Watford Grammar School from September 1909 to July 1918.
On the 1901 Census, aged 7 months he lived in Willesden, Middx, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 10, he lived in Watford, with his parents and no siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)