Remembered with honour Warloy-Baillon Communal Cemetery Extension: Plot IV, Row H, Grave 8.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 30 September 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frederick’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of George and Elizabeth (nee SMITH) NORRIS of Watford.
His parents married 1892 in the Watford district. George died 1929 in Watford aged 64, and was buried 8 March in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Elizabeth died 1958 in Watford aged 84, and was buried 20 January in North Watford Cemetery.
Frederick was born 1896 in Watford, and baptised 25 November 1896 at St Mary’s, Watford. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a baker’s boy aged 14, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings.
Date of death30/06/1918
Age at death22
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)