Reeves, H G
HAROLD GEORGE REEVES
Remembered with honour Bellicourt British Cemetery: Plot VII, Row E, Grave 7.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 87297 12th Training Reserve Battalion, and Private 65996 Northumberland Fusiliers. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Harold’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Harold in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 16 November 1918.
Son of Ellen (nee DAY) REEVES of Watford Fields, and the late Johnathan George REEVES.
His parents married 15 October 1898 at St Mary’s, Watford. Johnathan died 1912 in Watford aged 39, and was buried 16 November in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Ellen died 2 December 1964 in Watford aged 91, and was buried 8 December, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Harold was born 13 April 1899 in Watford, and baptised 7 July 1899 at St Mary’s, Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Watford, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 11, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings.
Date of death03*/10/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)