Shervington/Shervinton, T R M or T M R
THOMAS ROBERT MUNRO or THOMAS MUNRO ROBERT SHERVINGTON
Remembered with honour Loos Memorial: Panel 15 to 19.
He was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star Medals, no qualifying date given; and was reported wounded and missing 25-27 September 1915, presumed died of wounds received.
Son of Laura (nee MUNRO) and the late Colonel Charles Robert St Leger SHERVINTON of Broadstairs, Kent.
His parents married 18 April 1882 in Durban, Natal, South Africa. Charles died 19 April 1898 in St James’, Middx, aged 45; Laura died 16 November 1931 in Broadstairs aged 70.
Thomas was born 27 August 1887 in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
On the 1891 Census, he is probably still living in Madagascar. On the 1901 Census, aged 13 he lived in Dunstable, Beds, with his widowed mother and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Unit"C" Company, 8th Battalion
Date of deathon or since 26/09/1915
Age at death28
Place of death
NotesHis brother William died 18 July 1916 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)