Evans, S C
SIDNEY CHARLES EVANS
Remembered with honour Epehy Wood Farm Cemetery: Plot II, Row B, Grave 15.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Sidney’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a Death announcement for Sidney in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 16 November 1918; plus an In Memoriam in the issue dated 20 September 1919.
Son of James and Emily Harriet (nee KING) EVANS.
His parents married 28 October 1897 at St Mary’s, Rickmansworth, Herts. Emma died 1929 in Chorleywood, Herts, aged 62, and was buried 16 June at Christ Church, Chorleywood; James died 1951 in the Watford district either aged 82 or aged 83.
Sidney was born 13 August 1898 in Rickmansworth, and baptised 13 November 1898 at St Mary’s, Rickmansworth.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Rickmansworth, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 12, he lived in Oxhey, Herts, with his parents and two siblings.
Date of death18/09/1918
Age at death20
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)