Harrowell, (L) F
LOUIS FRANK HARROWELL
Remembered with honour Loos Memorial: Panel 136.
He enlisted as Frank LEWIS in Ealing, Middx, and was formerly 42328 Royal Fusiliers. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about Frank HARROWELL in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 25 May 1918.
Son of William and Lizzie (nee DAVIS) HARROWELL; husband of Ada Jane (nee SUMMERS) HARROWELL of Berkhamsted, Herts.
His parents married 21 March 1868 at St Mary’s, Northchurch, Herts. Lizzie died 1926 aged 79; William died 1932 aged 87; both in the Berkhamsted district.
Louis Frank HARROWELL was born 1884 in Berkhamsted, and baptised 27 January 1884 at St Peter’s, Berkhamsted. The only marriage found is between Ada J SUMMERS and Frank LEWIS 1916 in the St Pancras, London, district; they had four children. Ada HARROWELL never remarried, and died 1960 in the Berkhamsted district aged 77.
On the 1891 Census, Frank HARROWELL a scholar aged 7, lived in Berkhamsted, with his parents and nine siblings. On the 1901 Census, Louis HARROWELL a solicitor’s clerk aged 17, lived in Watford. On the 1911 Census, Frank LEWIS a traveller to a builder’s merchant aged 27, lived in Hanwell, Middx, with his wife and two children.
Date of death06*/05/1918
Age at death34
Place of death
Notesserved as LEWIS. Listed as HARROWELL F in the Borough Roll of Honour. His brother Albert died 31 July 1917
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)