Lovelock, G V
GEORGE VICTOR LOVELOCK
Remembered with honour Wulverghem-Lindenhoek Road Military Cemetery: Plot I, Row E, Grave 13.
He enlisted in Mill Hill, Middx; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914 Star medals, his qualifying date being 7 November 1914, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, George’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Mary and the late Richard William LOVELOCK.
His parents married 20 June 1869 at St Pancras Old Church, London. Richard died 1911 in the Strand, London, district aged 63; Mary died 1937 in the Watford district aged 88.
George was born 2 November 1892 in Islington, London [not Battersea, Surrey], and baptised 5 December 1892 at St Pancras Old Church.
On the 1901 Census, aged 8 he lived in St Pancras, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, a Private in the 2nd Middlesex Regiment aged 19, he was stationed at Bordon, Hants.
Date of death19/08/1915
Age at death22
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)