Bull, A W
ARTHUR WILLIAM BULL
Remembered with honour Le Touret Military Cemetery: Plot IV, Row C, Grave 1.
He enlisted at Hounslow, Middx, and was formerly 99242 A.C.C. He was entitled to the Victory Medal, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Arthur’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a Death announcement for Arthur in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 6 January 1917.
Son of Edwin and Harriet (nee STAPLETON) BULL of Watford.
His parents married 2 August 1875 at All Saints, Ridgmont, Beds. Edwin died 6 March 1933 in Watford aged 80, and was buried 10 March in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Harriet died 1 April 1947 in King’s Langley, Herts, aged 96, and was buried 5 April, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Arthur was born 1 August 1890 in Watford, and attended Watford Grammar School from September 1903 to July 1907. He resided in Watford.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1891 Census, aged 8 months he lived in Watford, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 10 he still lived in Watford, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, a Civil Service clerk aged 20, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and six siblings.
Date of death25/12/1916
Age at death26
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)