Holt, A W
ARTHUR WELLESLEY HOLT
Remembered with honour Vis-en-Artois Memorial: Panel 3.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Arthur’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Frank and Lucy (nee COSTER) HOLT.
His parents married 4 August 1894 at All Saints, Leavesden, Herts. Frank died 1928 at Waterdale near Watford aged 57; Lucy died 1957 in the Watford district aged 85.
Arthur was born 18 June 1899 in Bricket Wood, Herts. He attended Callowland Board School, Watford, from 17 May 1909 to 25 July 1912, and resided in Garston, Herts.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 11, he lived in Garston, with his parents and three siblings.
Date of death08/08/1918
Age at death17
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)