Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 8C 9A and 16A.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Charles’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a Death announcement for Charles in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 9 September 1916; plus In Memoriams in the issues dated 18 August 1917, 17 August 1918 and 16 August 1919.
Son of Harry and the late Louisa (nee ALDRIDGE) HEATH; husband of Lilian Beatrice (nee DANIELS) HEATH.
His parents married 30 January 1877 at St Alban’s Abbey, Herts. Louisa died 1909 in Watford aged 52, and was buried 11 September in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Harry died 1925 in Watford aged 73, and was buried 28 February, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Charles was born 15 September 1890 in Watford, and baptised 27 September 1896 at Christ Church, Watford. He attended first Callow Land Infants’ School, Watford; then Callowland Board School from 1 February 1897 to 29 July 1904. He married 22 December 1914 at Christ Church, Watford, and resided in Watford. Lilian never remarried and died 21 November 1952 in Watford aged 63.
On the 1891 Census, aged 6 months he lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 10 he still lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, a house painter aged 20, he still lived in Watford, with his widowed father and two siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)