Hoare, F H [or T H]
FRANK HARRY HOARE
Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 1.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 46771 Leicestershire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Herbert Joseph and Minnie Mary (nee STOREY) HOARE.
His parents married 5 October 1890 at Emmanual Church, Paddington, London. Herbert died 1943 in Watford aged 79, and was buried 28 September in North Watford Cemetery; Minnie died 1944 in Watford aged 79, and was buried 4 April, also in North Watford Cemetery.
Frank was born 20 October 1896 in Leyton, Essex, and attended first Alexandra Infants’ School, Watford; then Alexandra School from 26 January 1903 to 14 October 1909.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, a box boy aged 15, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings.
Unit509th Field Company
Date of death21/03/1918
Age at death22
Place of death
NotesRecorded as HOARE T H in the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)