Frost, A H [or F H]
ALFRED HERBERT FROST
Remembered with honour Etaples Military Cemetery, Pas de Calais, France: Plot LXXII, Row F, Grave 12.
He was formerly Private 51680 Bedfordshire Regiment, and 41176 Northamptonshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of pneumonia. Unfortunately, Alfred’s Service record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing; he also does not appear to listed in the Soldiers Died in the Great War dataset.
Son of Emily (nee DYER) FROST of Oxhey, Herts, and the late Alfred Joseph FROST.
His parents married 5 August 1895 at Sts Peter and Paul, Wadhurst, Sussex. Alfred died 1918 in Oxhey aged 52, and was buried 19 February at St James’, Bushey, Herts; Emily died 20 November 1956 in Oxhey aged 84, and was buried 23 November, also at St James’.
Alfred was born 1899 in Oxhey.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Bushey, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, aged 11 he lived in Oxhey, with his parents and two siblings.
Unit43rd Garrison Battalion
Date of death05/05/1919
Age at death19
Place of death
NotesRecorded as FROST F H in the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)