Sharpe, G V
GEORGE VICTOR SHARPE
Remembered with honour Pozieres Memorial: Panel 90 to 93.
He attested at Watford 10 December 1915 for the Duration of the War: a clerk aged 22, C of E. He was mobilised 5 December 1916 and embarked Folkstone 26 March 1917. He was reported missing 21 March 1918 and his death was accepted on that date. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals.
Son of Edward Thomas and Mary Ann (nee BEECH) SHARPE.
His parents married 1887 in the Flagg, Norfolk, district. Edward died 22 November 1952 in Northwood, Middx, aged 92.
George was born 23 March 1893 in Watford, and baptised 21 May 1893 at All Saints, Leavesden, Herts. He attended Callowland Board School, Watford, from 3 September 1900 to 20 September 1907.
On the 1901 Census, aged 8 he lived in Leavesden, with his parents and six siblings. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)