Roberts, V B
VERNON BAVAI ROBERTS
Remembered with honour Karasouli Military Cemetery: Row F, Grave 1405.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Vernon’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Edwin Plato and Emma (nee HAWTREE) ROBERTS; husband of Emily Louie (nee JANES) ROBERTS of Felixstowe, Suffolk, late of Watford Heath.
His parents married 25 December 1878 at St Mary’s, Watford. Edwin died 1 November 1935 in North Finchley, Middx, aged 80; Emma died 1941 in the Barnet, Herts, district aged 82.
Vernon was born 11 May 1891 in New Southgate, Middx, or East Barnet, Herts, and attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 4 March 1902 to 26 September 1902. He married 1912 in the Barnet district; they had one child.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Watford, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, a tea trade merchant’s clerk aged 19, he lived in New Southgate, with his parents and no siblings.
Unit2nd/15th (County of London) Battalion (Prince of Wales' Own Civil Service Rifles)
Date of death26/05/1917
Age at death26
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)