Kimpton, T H
THOMAS HAROLD KIMPTON
Remembered with honour Menin Road South Military Cemetery: Plot III, Row J, Grave 21.
He attested 21 August 1915 at Brisbane, Queensland: a messenger aged 19, 5’4½” tall, Methodist, of Brisbane; his next-of-kin was his mother of Burton Joyce, Notts. He embarked on H.M.A.T. Suffolk 30 November 1915 from Sydney; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action.
Son of Mary Ann (nee HARWOOD) and the late Jonathan KIMPTON.
His parents married 1886 in the Cambridge district. Jonathan died 1902 in the Cambridge district aged 73; Mary died 1946 in the Basford, Notts, district aged 88.
Thomas was born 1897 in Cambridge.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in Cambridge, with his father and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, a factory hand aged 13, he lived in Netherfield, Notts, with his widowed mother and two siblings.
Unit43rd Battery, 11th Brigade
Date of death24/10/1917
Age at death19
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)