Shrimpton, B W J
BERTIE WILLIAM JOHN SHRIMPTON
Remembered with honour Varennes Military Cemetery: Plot I, Row H, Grave 58.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Bertie’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of John and Emma (nee MARKHAM) SHRIMPTON of Watford; husband of Emily (nee MARTIN) SHRIMPTON of Trafford Park, Manchester.
His parents married 23 October 1880 at St Mary’s, Watford. Emma died 1926 in Watford aged 66, and was buried 6 October in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; John died 1928 in Watford aged 70, and was buried 22 August, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Bertie was born 1882 in Watford, and baptised 2 April 1882 at St Mary’s, Watford. He married 17 April 1911 at St Lawrence’s, Abbot’s Langley, Herts, and resided in Watford. Emily remarried 1919 in the Watford district to Thomas WESTERMAN, and died 23 April 1962 in Bristol aged 82.
On the 1891 Census, aged 9 he lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1901 Census, a general labourer aged 19, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and eight siblings. On the 1911 Census, a timber yard labourer aged 29, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)