Langdale, H M
HARRY MAURISION/MORRIS LANGDALE
Remembered with honour Pozieres Memorial: Panel 28 and 29.
He enlisted in Bedford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medlas, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Harry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Elizabeth Rose RIVETT (formerly LANGDALE, nee CORDWELL).
Elizabeth married first Arthur Alliston LANGDALE 1888 in the Barnet, Herts, district; he died 1893 in the Barnet district aged 29. She remarried 1904 in the Watford district to William RIVETT. William died 1929 in the Watford district aged 60; Elizabeth died 1947 in Watford aged 79, and was buried 14 April in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford.
Harry was born 1898 in Barnet, and baptised 2 February 1904 at St Mary’s, Watford. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in East Barnet, with his mother and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13 he lived in Watford, with his mother, step-father and six siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)