Green, E G
ERNEST GEORGE GREEN
Remembered with honour Cambrai Memorial: Panel 9.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Ernest’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Arthur William and Margaret Ann (nee GOAT) GREEN.
His parents married 1886 in the King’s Lynn, Norfolk, district. Arthur died 1929 in the King’s Lynn district aged 64.
Ernest was born 7 August 1891 in Boston, Lincs, and baptised 9 January 1895 at All Saints, South Lynn, Norfolk. He attended St Margaret’s Church of England School, King’s Lynn, from 3 October 1898 to 28 July 1905. He resided in Aldenham, Herts.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in King’s Lynn, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, an assistant grocer aged 19, he still lived in King’s Lynn, with his parents and five siblings.
Date of death30/11/1917
Age at death26
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)