Stevens, O S
OSCAR STANLEY STEVENS
Remembered with honour Tilehurst (St George) Church Burial Ground.
He enlisted in Reading, Berks; appears to have no medals, and died at the No. 1 War Hospital, Tilehurst. Unfortunately, Oscar’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of John H STEVENS of Slough, Bucks, and Louisa STEVENS.
His parent’s marriage is proving elusive. Louisa died 1932 in the Aylesbury, Bucks, district aged 55; John died 1936 in the Wallingford, Berks, district aged 65, and was buried 9 June at St Mary’s, Cholsey, Berks.
Oscar was born 24 June 1900 in Nova Scotia, Canada, and resided in Watford. He was buried 30 January.
On the 1901 Canadian Census, aged 9 months he lived in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, aged 10 he lived in Slough, with his parents and four siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)