Evans, W T G
WILLIAM THOMAS GEORGE EVANS
Remembered with honour Shotley (St Mary) Churchyard: R.N. Plot 154.
He enlisted 16 June 1918 for 12 years: no occupation, 5’5″ tall; and died of pneumonia at Shotley Sick Quarters near Ipswich.
Son of David and Avis Augusta Elizabeth (nee PAYNE) EVANS.
His parents married 2 August 1897 at St James’, Bushey, Herts. David died 17 November 1918 aged 40, and was buried in Glasgow Western Necropolis. Avis died 1941 in Oxhey, Herts, aged 62, and was buried 17 July at St James’, Bushey.
William was born 16 June 1902 in Bushey, and baptised 25 July 1902 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey.
On the 1911 Census, aged 8 he lived in New Bushey, with his parents and five siblings.
RankBoy 2nd Class
UnitH.M.S. Ganges II
Date of death28/01/1919
Age at death17
Place of death
NotesWilliam is also commemorated on his mother's grave at St James'. His father is also commemorated at St Matthew's and on the Oxhey War Memorial; his uncle Charles died 24 December 1917; both feature on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)