Tompson, C R P
CHARLES ROBERT PECK TOMPSON
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 9C.
He enlisted in London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was presumed killed in action. Unfortunately, Charles’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of James Hammond TOMPSON of Watford, and the late Emily Louisa Florence (nee COBBOLD) TOMPSON.
His parents married 1895 in the Paddington, London, district. Emily died 12 August 1902 in Watford aged 32, and was buried 15 August in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; James died 1959 in the Ealing, Middx, district aged 87.
Charles was born 1896 in Watford, and baptised 25 October 1896 at St Andrew’s, Watford. He resided in Watford.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, a printer’s boy aged 14, he still lived in Watford, with his widowed father and two siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)