Funge, A E
ALBERT EDWARD FUNGE
Remembered with honour Vis-en-Artois Memorial: Panel 6.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 33728 Hampshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was presumed killed in action. Unfortunately, Albert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Job and Annie (nee PARRADINE) FUNGE.
His parents married 1884 in the Berkhamsted, Herts, district. Annie died 1941 in Watford aged 77, and was buried 27 March in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Job died 1950 in Watford aged 87, and was buried 22 July, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Albert was born 1898 in Watford, and baptised 8 June 1898 at St Mary’s, Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 12, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)