Bolton, A G
ALBERT GEORGE BOLTON
Remembered with honour Monchy British Cemetery: Plot I, Row G, Grave 27.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 26812 Northamptonshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Albert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a Death announcement for Albert in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 18 August 1917.
Son of John Obadiah and Emma Sophia (nee BONE) BOLTON of Watford.
His parents married 5 August 1889 at St Stephen’s, Bow, London. John died 15 August 1933 in Watford aged 70, and was buried 18 August in North Watford Cemetery; Emma died 17 September 1951 in Watford aged 86, and was buried 21 September, also in North Watford Cemetery.
Albert was born 1897 in Watford, and baptised 6 January 1899 at Christ Church, Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, a printer’s lad aged 14, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and six siblings.
Date of death04/08/1917
Age at death21
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)