McKenzie/Mackenzie, E E
EARL EATON MCKENZIE
Remembered with honour Mesnil Communal Cemetery Extension: Plot III, Row C, Grave 17.
He attested 29 December 1914 at Fredericton, New Brunswick: a machinist aged 22, unmarried, 5’7″ tall, Presbyterian, his next-of-kin his father of River John, Nova Scotia. He was killed in action at Martinsart.
Son of Archibald and Sara Eaton MACKENZIE of River John.
Earl was born 21 October 1892 at River John.
On the 1901 Canadian Census, aged 8 he lived in River John, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1911 Canadian Census, a student aged 18 he still lived in River John, with his parents and two siblings.
Unit10th Battery, 3rd Brigade
Date of death01/09/1916
Age at death24
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)