Remembered with honour Bushey (St James) Churchyard, Herts: Plot I, near west end of church.
He was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 25 July 1915, and died at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Netley, Hants. Unfortunately, George’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Robert and Harriet (nee KINGHAM) CROUCHER of Bushey.
His parents married 23 October 1875 at St James’. Bushey. Harriet died 1930 in Bushey aged 72, and was buried 10 June at St James’, Bushey; Robert died 1938 in St Alban’s, Herts, aged 84, and was buried 6 January in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford.
George was born 9 March 1890 in Bushey, and baptised 20 April 1890 at St James’, Bushey. He was buried 12 February.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1891 Census, aged 1 he lived in Bushey, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 11 he still lived in Bushey, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Date of death05/02/1920
Age at death29
Place of death
NotesHis brother William died 7 August 1915 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)