Garrett/Garratt, (O) G
(OLIVER) GEORGE GARRETT
This is the only George GARRETT died 1915.
Remembered with honour Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial: Panel 8 and 12.
He enlisted in Bedford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 10 March 1915, and died. Unfortunately, George’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing
Son of John and Kezia (nee WEBB) GARRETT.
His parents married 1890 in the St Alban’s, Herts, district. John died 1935 in Frogmore, Herts, aged 78, and was buried 9 February at Holy Trinity, Frogmore; Kezia died 1955 in the St Alban’s district aged 86.
Oliver George was born 1896 in either Park Street or St Stephen’s, St Alban’s, and baptised 8 November at Holy Trinity, Frogmore.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Frogmore, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, a baker’s boy aged 14, he still lived in Frogmore, with his parents and three siblings.
Date of death08/05/1915
Age at death18
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)