Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 6D and 7D.
He attested 21 October 1914 in London for Short Service (3 years with the Colours): a coach painter aged 26, 6′ tall, C of E. He joined at Edinburgh 23 October 1914, and went with the B.E.F. 8 January 1916. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action.
There is a Death announcement for Albert in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 5 August 1916.
Son of Albert and Sarah (nee ASHBY) MARTIN of Garston, Herts.
His parents married 25 May 1874 at All Saints, Leavesden, Herts. Sarah died either 1929 aged 76 or 1937 aged 84, in the Watford district; Albert died 23 December 1939 in Garston aged 89.
Albert was born 1888 in Watford, and baptised 12 August 1888 at All Saints, Leavesden.
On the 1891 Census, aged 2 he lived in Leavesden, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 12 he lived in Garston, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, a coach painter aged 22, he was a visitor somewhere in Garston.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)