Reeve/Reeves, W H W
WILLIAM HENRY WALTER REEVES
Remembered with honour Vis-en-Artois Memorial: Panel 10.
He enlisted in Hertford, and was formerly 2771 Hertfordshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Walter and Emily (nee BAKER) REEVES; husband of Lilian H (nee BEAVERS) REEVES.
His parents married 1893 in the Fulham, London, district. Walter died 1947 in the Watford district aged 78.
William was born 21 February 1896 in Willesden, London. He attended Callowland Board School, Watford, from 7 January 1903 to 29 July 1909; but in between he attended Alexandra School, Watford, from 3 September 1907 to 31 July 1908. He married 1916 in the Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, district, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Watford, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, aged 15 he still lived in Watford, with his parents and one sibling.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)