Brookman, W A
WILLIAM ALFRED BROOKMAN
Remembered with honour Watford (Vicarage Road) Cemetery: Plot 1, Row 13, Grave 586.
He appears to have no medals, and died at the General Hospital, Cambridge. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing; nor does he appear to have an entry in Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-1919.
There is a Death announcement for William in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 26 April 1919.
Son of Harriet BIRCH (formerly BROOKMAN, nee BUGDEN) of Watford and the late Thomas Henry BROOKMAN.
His parents married 1899 in the Wandsworth, London, district. Thomas died 1904 in the Wandsworth district aged 40. Harriet remarried 17 May 1915 at St Mary’s, Watford, to William BIRCH; she died 22 January 1953 in Watford aged 73, and was buried 28 January in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
William was born 7 November 1900 in Toddington, Beds, and attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 30 August 1910 to 28 October 1914. He was buried 25 April.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 months he lived in Watford, with his mother and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, a scholar aged 10, he still lived in Watford, with his widowed mother and no siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)