Lee/Lea, J G
JOHN GILBERT LEE
Remembered with honour Pozieres British Cemetery: Plot III, Row H, Grave 46.
He enlisted in Birmingham, Warks; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, John’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of William Henry and Hannah LEE; husband of Ellen (nee GATES) LEE.
His parent’s marriage is proving elusive.
John was born 27 March 1888 in Sheffield, and baptised 14 April 1888 at Sts Peter and Paul, Sheffield. He married 1 August 1909 in Aston, Warks; they had two children. He resided in Birmingham.
On the 1891 Census and the 1901 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1911 Census, a brass polisher aged 23 he lived in Aston, with his wife and one child.
Date of death15/07/1916
Age at death28
Place of death
NotesJohn is possibly the J G E LEE commemorated at Christ Church
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)