Johnson, J F [or J T]
JOHN FREDERICK JOHNSON
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 2C.
He enlisted in Ampthill, Beds; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action 6* August 1916. Unfortunately, John’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Selina Gertrude May (foemerly JOHNSON, nee HOY) COOK of Watford, and the late John JOHNSON.
His parents married 15 August 1897 at Christ Church, St Pancras, London. John died 1915 in Watford aged 39, and was buried 24 May in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford. Selina remarried 1917 in the Islington, London, district to Albert COOK, and died 1950 in the Islington district aged 70.
John was born 18 October 1898 in Camden Town, Middx, and baptised 18 November 1898 at St Mary Magdalene, Camden. He attended Victoria Junior School, Watford; then Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 14 to 18 January 1907, and again from 1 September 1908 to 1 March 1909. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in St Pancras, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 12 he lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings.
Date of death07*/08/1916
Age at death17
Place of death
NotesRecorded as JOHNSON J T on the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)