Remembered with honour Hadar Pasha Cemetery, Turkey: Plot I, Row A, Grave 4.
He enlisted 24 May 1918 for a period of 5-7 years: a farm labourer, 5’4″ tall. He accidentally fell overboard and drowned in Constantinople harbour; his mother was informed of the death.
Son of Orford James and Eliza (nee BELL) FOREMAN of Watford.
His parents married 28 September 1884 at St James The Great, Castle Acre, Norfolk. Orford died 1920 in Watford aged 69, and was buried 5 October in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Eliza died 1929 in St Alban’s, Herts, aged 67, and was buried 9 May, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Esau was born 22 March 1900 in Mitcham, Surrey.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1901 Census, the whole family is proving elusive. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 11, he lived in Bushey, Herts, with his parents and four siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)