Bowler/Bower, R L
REGINALD LEWIS BOWLER
Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 7.
He enlisted 9 March 1915 in Bedford for the Duration of the War: a printer aged 26 or 28, 5’6½” tall. C of E, his next-of-kin his mother of Watford. He embarked from Folkestone 30 November 1916, and was posted to the 7th Battalion 17 December 1916. His death was presumed 3 May 1917, then accepted as having died on or since that date. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals.
Son of Elizabeth RIVETT (nee LEWIS).
Reginald was born 1889 in Rickmansworth, Herts, and resided in Watford.
His mother married John RIVETT 24 August 1895 at St Mary’s, Watford. John possibly died 1917 in the Ware, Herts, district aged 49.
On the 1891 Census, aged 1 he lived in Rickmansworth, with his LEWIS grand-parents. On the 1901 Census, [listed as Reginald RIVETT] he lived in Watford, with his mother, step-father and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, a plumber’s labourer aged 22, he still lived in Watford, with his mother, step-father and two siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)