Walker, E G
ELI GEORGE WALKER
Remembered with honour Loos Memorial: Panel 41.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914 Star medals, his qualifying date being 19 October 1914, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Eli’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Elijah William/William Elijah and the late Elizabeth WALKER.
His parent’s marriage is proving elusive.
Eli was born about 1889 in Rickmansworth, Herts [though it is proving elusive] and resided in Watford.
On the 1891 Census, aged 3 he lived in Croxley Green, Herts, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 14 he lived in Watford, with his widowed father and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, a Private in the 2nd Battalion Bedfordshire Regiment aged 22. he was stationed at St George, Bermuda.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)