Killick/Killock, A E
There is no trace of an A KILLOCK in either the Commonwealth War Graves Commission’s dataset, or in Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-1919. However, there is:
Private Albert Edward KILLICK, who was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at 1st General Hospital.
Son of Edward James and Barbara Julie (nee MARKWICK) KILLICK of Leavesden, Herts.
His parents married 1890 in the Uckfield, Sussex, district. Barbara died 2 November 1938 in the Grimsby, Lincs, district aged 72, and was buried 7 November in Scartho Road Cemetery, Grimsby; Edward died 18 May 1960 in the Grimsby district aged 98, and was buried 23 May, also in Scartho Road Cemetery.
Albert was born 1895 in Leavesden, and baptised 4 August 1895 at St Lawrence’s, Abbot’s Langley, Herts.
On the 1901 census, aged 5 he lived in Leavesden, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 15 he still lived in Leavesden, with his parents and three siblings.
Date of death03/03/1919
Age at death23
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)