Fowler, F C C/K
FRANCIS CALEB CABLE/KABLE FOWLER
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 8C, 9A and 16A.
He enlisted in Willesden, London, and was formerly Private 1503 Middlesex Regiment (Duke of Cambridge’s Own). He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action 13* November 1916. Unfortunately, Frances’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of the late William FOWLER and Ellen Elizabeth Martha BUCKLAND (formerly FOWLER, nee CABLE/KABLE); husband of Florence Ethel (nee SIMPER) FOWLER.
His parents married 13 August 1887 at Holy Trinity, Wealdstone, Middx. William (presumably) died, and Ellen remarried 1896 in the Hendon, Middx, district to Bastinia BUCKLAND.
Francis was born 1890 in Wealdstone, and baptised 6 May 1890 at Holy Trinity, Wealdstone. He married 24 May 1915 at Holy Trinity, Wealdstone, and resided in Wealdstone. Florence remarried 20 August 1921 at Holy Trinity, Wealdstone, to Thomas Irwin ELLIS, and died 1972 in the Brent, Middx, district aged 82.
On the 1891 Census, aged 1 he lived in Harrow, Middx, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, Caleb aged 12 lived in Wealdstone, with his mother, step-father and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Unit24th (Service) (2nd Sportsman's) Battalion
Date of death03*/11/1916
Age at death26
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)