Rush, S H
SIDNEY HERBERT RUSH
Remembered with honour Dickebusch New Military Cemetery: Row E, Grave 14.
He enlisted in Hertford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914 Star medals, his qualifying date being 16 August 1914, and died at no. 14 Field Ambulance of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Sidney’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an In Memoriam to Sidney in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 10 June 1916.
Son of Mary Elizabeth (nee RUTLAND) RUSH of Watford, and the late Edward RUSH.
His parents married 7 October 1888 at St Andrew’s, Watford. Edward died 1898 in Watford aged 29, and was buried 9 November in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Mary died 1944 in Watford aged 75, and was buried 18 October, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Sidney was born 1895 in Watford, and baptised 4 January 1899 at St Mary’s, Watford. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 7 he lived in Watford, with his widowed mother and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, a caddy aged 16, he still lived in Watford, with his widowed mother and two siblings.
Date of death08*/06/1915
Age at death19*
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)