Faulkner, S W
STEPHEN WILLIAM FAULKNER
Remembered with honour Erquinghem-Lys Churchyard Extension: Plot II, Row H, Grave 26.
He enlisted in Harrow, Middx, and was formerly Private 29166 Middlesex Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Stephen’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Laura Kate (nee STURNHAM) FAULKNER of Harrow, and Stephen William FAULKNER.
His parents married 21 May 1892 at St John the Evangelist, Kensal Green, London. Laura died 1949 in the Harrow district aged 75, and was buried 12 February in Wealdstone Cemetery; Stephen died 1951 in the Harrow district aged 80 , and was buried 3 March, also in Wealdstone Cemetery.
Stephen was born 1898 in Willesden, London, and resided in Wealdstone.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Wealdstone, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13, he still lived in Wealdstone, with his parents and eight siblings.
Date of death18/03/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)