Hounslow, R B
ROBERT BRUCE/BRUNO HOUNSLOW
Remembered with honour Ghissignies British Cemetery: Row A, Grave 47.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 4816 Cambridgeshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Robert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the Worlds War Two bombing.
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Robert in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 30 November 1918.
Son of the late George and Robina Edith (nee BRICKWOOD) HOUNSLOW; husband of Clara Elizabeth (nee SAUNDERS) HOUNSLOW.
His parents married 13 November 1883 at St Pancras Old Church, London. Robina died 1896 in the Islington, London, district aged 35, and was buried 13 February in Islington Cemetery. George remarried 27 January 1897 at St Lawrence’s, Bovingdon, Herts, to Sarah Jane YOUNG. He died 1912 in Chorleywood, Herts, aged 64, and was buried 18 June at Christ Church, Chorleywood; Sarah died 1927 in the Hemel Hempstead, Herts, district aged 79.
Robert was born 23 June 1891 in Finsbury Park or Holloway, Middx, and baptised 20 November 1895 at St Silas’, Pentonville, London. He married 1915 in the Watford district; they had one child. Clara remarried 1941 in the Watford district to Edward S HOLLIS; she died 18 February 1972 in Watford aged 78, and was buried 22 February in North Watford Cemetery.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Chorleywood, with his father, step-mother and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, a labourer aged 19, he still lived in Chorleywood, with his father, step-mother and one sibling.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)