Remembered with honour Brookwood Military Cemetery: Plot XIII, Row D, Grave 7.
He enlisted in Hertford; appears to have no medals, and died at Fulham Military Hospital, Hammersmith, London. Unfortunately, Cecil’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Frank and Ada Florence (nee HART) DANIELS of Watford.
His parents married 1895 in the Bethnal Green, London, district. Frank died 1933 in Watford aged 61, and was buried 28 February in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Ada died 1945 in Watford aged 72, and was buried 29 December, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Cecil was born 1900 in Ilford, Essex.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Rickmansworth, Herts, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 11, he lived in Watford, with his parents and seven siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)