Humphrey, H C
HARRY/HENRY CECIL HUMPHREY
Remembered with honour Faubourg d’Amiens Cemetery: Plot II, Row H, Grave 23.
He enlisted in Bedford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Harry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of George Leopold and Isabella Matilda (nee PRITCHARD) HUMPHREY of Sarratt, Herts.
His parents married 27 December 1886 at St James the Great, Friern Barnet, Herts. Isabella died 1924 in the Barnet district aged 65, and was buried 27 December at Holy Cross, Sarratt; George died 1933 in the Watford district aged 77, and was buried 14 March at Holy Cross.
Harry was born 1894 in New Southgate, Middx [not Common Wood, Herts], and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 6 he lived in Chipperfield, Herts, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Date of death17/03/1917
Age at death22
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)