Harwood, H J
HARRY JAMES HARWOOD
Remembered with honour Etaples Military Cemetery: Plot LXVIII, Row C, Grave 21.
He enlisted in Cricklewood, London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Harry’s Service record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Harry and Catherine Charlotte (nee WROTH) HARWOOD.
His parents married 6 June 1892 at St Pail’s, Covent Garden, London. Catherine died 1932 in the Hendon, Middx, district aged 64; Harry died 1960 in the Hendon district aged 91.
Harry was born 1898 in Hendon, and baptised 19 April 1899 at St Mary’s Hendon.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Hendon, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 12 he still lived in Hendon, with his parents and three siblings.
Unit"D" Squadron, 1st Battalion
Date of death20/05/1918
Age at death18
Place of death
NotesRecorded as HORWOOD H J on the St Matthew's memorial
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)