Timson/Tinson, A E V [or A E B]
ALBERT EDWARD VICTOR TIMSON
Remembered with honour Guards’ Cemetery: Plot XII, Row T, Grave 1.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914 Star medals, his qualifying date being 23 August 1914, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Albert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Sarah (formerly SMITH, nee PIGGINS) TIMSON, and (the late ?) Samuel SMITH.
His parents married 29 August 1881 at Holy Trinity and St Edmund’s, Horfield, Glos. Samuel presumably died, and Sarah remarried 2 November 1986 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey, Herts, to Lewis TIMSON. Lewis died 1930 in Watford aged 70, and was buried 26 March in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Sarah died 1941 in Watford aged 79, and was buried 18 April, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Albert SMITH was born 23 June 1894 in Watford, and baptised 25 September 1899 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey, the son of Lewis and Sarah SMITH (!).
On the 1901 Census, [Albert SMITH] aged 6 he lived in Oxhey, with his mother, step-father and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, [Albert SMITH] a golf caddie aged 16, he lived in Watford, with his mother, step-father and five siblings.
Date of death12/11/1916
Age at death29
Place of death
NotesRecorded as TIMSON A E B in the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)