Remembered with honour Watford (Vicarage Road) Cemetery: Plot D, Row 2, Grave 712.
He enlisted in Watford; appears to have no medals, and died at Fort Pitt Hospital, Rochester, Kent. Unfortunately, John’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a Death announcement for John in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 3 March 1917.
Son of John and the late Mary (nee COLLINS) WRIGHT; husband of Annie Louisa (nee RANCE) WRIGHT of Watford.
His parents married 30 October 1870 at St Botolph’s, Newbold upon Avon, Warks. Mary died 1910 in Watford aged 62, and was buried 21 May in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; John died 1933 in Watford aged 88, and was buried 28 January, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
John was born 1884 in Watford, and married 1911 in the Watford district; they had two children. He resided in Watford, and was buried 23 February.
On the 1891 Census, aged 6 he lived in Watford, with his parents and nine siblings. On the 1901 Census, a groom aged 17 he lived in Bovingdon, Herts. On the 1911 Census, a brass machinist aged 27, he was a boarder in Watford, with his wife and no children.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)