Edwards, G F
GEORGE FREDERICK EDWARDS
Remembered with honour Warlincourt Halte British Cemetery: Plot X, Row F, Grave 14.
He enlisted in St Pancras, London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at no. 20 Casualty Clearing Station of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, George’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Robert and Clara (nee COOK) EDWARDS; husband of Alice Maud (nee BURCH) EDWARDS.
His parent’s marriage is proving elusive.
George was born 1892 in Brandon, Suffolk, and married 24 May 1914 at St James’, Paddington, London. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, at school aged 8 he lived in Brandon, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, a butcher’s assistant aged 18, he lived in London W.C.
Date of death04/05/1917
Age at death24
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)