Bee, F W
FREDERICK WILLIAM BEE
Remembered with honour Tyne Cot Cemetery: Plot VI, Row H, Grave 4.
He enlisted in Nottingham; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was presumed killed in action. Unfortunately, Frederick’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an In Memoriam for Frederick in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 5 October 1918.
Son of John and Selina (nee GLOVER) BEE; husband of Ellen Maude (nee BAILEY) BEE.
His parents married 16 June 1888 at St Peter’s, Radford, Notts. John died 1928 in the East Retford, Notts, district aged 63; Selina died 1940 in the Nottingham district aged 71, and was buried 19 November in Nottingham Cemetery, Bulwell, Notts.
Frederick was born 1896 in Radford, and married 1916 in the Watford district; they had one child. He resided in Watford. Ellen remarried 21 June 1919 at St Mary’s, Watford, to Albert COWLER, and died 14 February 1969 in Watford aged 72, she was buried 20 February in North Watford Cemetery.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Nottingham, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, learning brazing aged 15, he still lived in Nottingham, with his mother and five siblings.
Service number265829 or 265928
Date of deathon or since 27/09/1917
Age at death21
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)