Remembered with honour Tyne Cot Memorial: Panel 98 to 99.
He enlisted in Hertford, and was formerly 271010 Hertfordshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Charles’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of John and Matilda (nee HORNE) PERCIVAL of Watford.
His parents married 29 June 1896 at All Saints, Leighton Buzzard, Beds. John died 1942 in Watford aged 86, and was buried 18 April in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Matilda possibly died 1967 in the Braintree, Essex, district aged 95.
Charles was born 1897 in Watford, and baptised 24 October 1897 at Christ Church, Watford. He resided in Watford, and was employed at Watford Engraving Co Ltd.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings.
Date of death16/08/1917
Age at death21
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)