Rollings, G G
GEOFFREY/JEFFREY GEORGE ROLLINGS
Remembered with honour Loos Memorial: Panel 91 to 93.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 28 July 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Geoffrey’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of George and the late Sarah Jane (nee HAZARD) ROLLINGS.
His parents married 11 October 1867 at St Mary the Virgin, Eaton Bray, Beds. Sarah died 1914 in Watford aged 66, and was buried 12 January in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford.
Jeffrey was born 1887 in either Leavesden or Abbot’s Langley, Herts.
On the 1891 Census, aged 3 he lived in Eaton Bray, with his mother and four siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 13 he lived in Watford, with his brother and sister-in-law. On the 1911 Census, a plumber’s labourer aged 23, he still lived in Watford, with his brother and sister-in-law.
Date of death29/09/1915
Age at death28
Place of death
NotesAlso recorded as ROLLINGS J in the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)