Woodham, H W A
HENRY WILFRED ARTHUR WOODHAM
Remembered with honour Epehy Wood Farm Cemetery: Plot I, Row E, Grave 14.
He enlisted in London, and was posted to the 2nd/4th (City of London) Battalion London Regiment (Royal Fusiliers). He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Henry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Henry Joseph and Rosa May (nee WALKER) WOODHAM of Watford.
His parents married 6 June 1897 at Holy Trinity, Marylebone, London. Henry died 18 December 1943 in Watford aged 68, and was buried 23 December in North Watford Cemetery; Rosa died 23 September 1945 in Watford aged 68, and was buried 28 September, also in North Watford Cemetery.
Henry was born 27 March 1898 in St Pancras, London, and baptised 22 May 1898 at Holy Trinity, Marylebone. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in St Pancras, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13, he still lived in St Pancras, with his parents and three siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)